Saturday 15 December 2007

Lack of Skiing Today

Saturdays are the worst days for seasonaires - rooms to be changed, people to be fetched and carried, and a zillion other tasks to do. So today i drove past the slopes looking longingly at them, but that's as close as i got.

Got 3 South Africans in now, our first "proper" guests. Soon we will own the place.

I had a chance to practice my extremely poor French today with Mr Lanavchy at the hire shop. i told him how much i love my new skis. And he understood me! Great progress. Oh, and i received some post today, so if you want to send me money or something, we're at:

c/o Allez-Alps,
Chalet la Moussierre,
St Jean de Aulps,
74430,
France.

Also, my UK phone is still working (the work one) so call/text me on that if you want to.

No snow forecast for the next few days, but it's going to be really really cold (-15C) so the snow that is there, which is now compacted and a touch icy, won't be going away. I can testify to how hard the snow is because i had a high-speed fall yesterday. Must have been doing 50km/h when i hit a chunk of ice and spun out - Hermann Maier style - in to the netting. Confidence bruised but nothing worse, luckily.

No comments: