Wednesday 17 February 2010

Crazy weird haircut

So to add to my list of weird experiences here today I got my hair cut. In French. Imagine trying to explain the style you want in a language where you barely have enough skill to order a coca cola. Perhaps that's why i now look like a character from Full Metal Jacket. Think Top Gun minus the good looks.

And that's just one of the many things it is impossible to do when you don't speak the same language as everyone else. Today I received a bill for €120 for I have no idea what. I have no clue what it is for and even after getting a colleague to explain it to me I'm still no wiser. I think it might be an annual amount for me to use the French toll roads but since i didn't really understand what the lady who sold me the automatic toll payment device was saying I have no clue what I actually have agreed to.





It would be so great to understand what is actually going on for a change.

1 comment:

Simon Williams said...

You paid for that - the trainees at West Suffolk College could do better - but they can't do sums.
See you after its grown out a bit.
Simon