Sunday 2 May 2010

Working in Geneva

Is really not so bad.




Some of the time, anyway... However, I don't remember being able to do this during my lunch break in London. My commute has come down to 1 hour 15 minutes now that all the skiers have gone home. It's a long way but it's definitely worth it to live where we do.

The dude in the photo is my work buddy Aurelien who gives up a lot of his lunch-break time to teach me French. Carrément!

Interestingly, the bike he's riding is freely handed out by the City of Geneva to get people active, encourage tourism, and also provide work to asylum seekers. What a brilliant scheme!

In other news I've discovered the best way to learn French is to read the original Tintin comics in the original French. Mille sabords! Did you know that Snowy is really Milou? And that Calculus is really Tournesol? Weirdly Captain Haddock's name stays the same - not very French.

No comments: