Sunday 26 September 2010

Really first snow

Yip it really is snowing. I ran up to 1500m today from Lac de Montriond and encountered snow at 1541m. Big flakes too. Whenever I ran in London i wondered about whether I should be wearing my cycling mask and invariably chose not too because it was too hot. Well when you run in a much cleaner atmosphere and the air temperature is about 4C, you can really taste car exhaust fumes.

Whenever a car drove past me, which wasn't very often, i could literally taste the exhaust. And not just as they went past either, it stayed with me for about 100m afterwards. So if you live in London, you can't smell that smell because your senses are tuning it out. Wear your mask.

I'm really trying to get fit for the randonee season which i hope is going to start next month. Today was 500m vertical. In two or three days I'm hoping to run 1000m vertical. The route from Montriond to Les Lindarets is very tough for me - 500m up over 6km. From Lindarets to Avoriaz it's much easier: 300m over another 5km. We also saw the progress on the new Ardent bubble-lift today. It's looking pretty cool - fewer pylons and bigger cars (not that I've seen the cars yet). i can't wait to ride it in December. Why has no one booked their ski holiday with us yet? Time's a wasting!

No comments: