Friday 26 November 2010

20cm

We've had 20cm of snow overnight at 984m and it's still snowing. It's -1C outside and the snow is light and fluffy. If anyone has a Portes du Soleil ski trip planned for late November, you'll probably get the best powder of your life. Pity the resort doesn't open for 3 weeks!

Last night I skied my back garden. This is the start of the famous Le Penotet ski run - just through the gate. I got attacked by a thorn bush on the way down but it was every bit as fantastic as I thought it would be! The lift service back to the top wasn't very good though, but at least the pass was cheap. This photo is at 1000m - can you imagine what it's like at 2400m? Tomorrow I plan to find out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't see the photo - only a red cross...

Anonymous said...

Did the removal men behave...themselves...

Ian said...

It's stooopid Picasa - it randomly decides to delete photos from your web-albums. Should be fixed now...