Thursday 10 January 2008

This is more like it

I don't know what they're feeding the clouds over Chatel, it's probably not legal, but the snow there is simply superb! Natalie and i managed to navigate our way down some off-piste where it was crusty, but gave just enough to be really enjoyable. There was one we're-not-insured-for-this-are-we moment on the off-piste as we had to take on a 2m vertical drop. i thought about it for a long time before taking the plunge, only to look back and see Natalie jumping off an even bigger drop! Any parents looking at this should not read the previous two sentences.


This is the view from our apartment window (with a telephoto lens). We love our apartment!




This is Natalie looking amazing in her new Bandit B2Ws (that's Lake Geneva in the far background):




This is me looking my usual spectacular self in my new Bandits, matching poles and i think a fairly complementary outfit. Yes, i'm a super-model.



Actually, i nearly broke both my knees attempting to cross an icy road while carrying all our skis. I was incredibly frustrated, of course, and just moments before the fall i noticed a split on the edging of once of my skis. Not a good start. Anyway, after scuffing my skis and mashing my knee, i wasn't feeling too good, but when i took the skis back to Morzine and Francois Baud's ski shop i was immensly cheered up by the fact that Eric (the ski shop owner) immediately noticed the factory fault with them and replaced them within 5 minutes. So let me take this opportunity to highly recommend the hire shop at the bottom of the Pleney lift in Morzine - awesome service!

In other news, what is wrong with the human male that they find it necessary to write their names in yellow snow using their own excreta. Is that Y chromosome generally crooked or defective?

Big snow coming tomorrow and they've predicted 1m snowfall over the Dolomites - hopefully there will actually be some powder next week!

No comments: